Now that the holiday festivities have fizzled out like an old can of Coke, here I am back to my old blogging habits. I have really missed blogging and have no real reason as to why I have put my masterpiece on hold. I returned safely from the Ellen show with my Playstation 3 and Rockband in hand and several other pieces of high-end electronic equipment that I have no idea what exactly to do with. Made the husband more than happy, which is good, seeing as how I was a bit of a Scrooge this year.
Standing for depression for no reason, a friend of mine writes about D.F.N.R. Perhaps, I have had a touch of the bug lately, or maybe I am continually attempting to define my new self. I do miss work. I always feel incredibly guilty, when I feel depressed or teary for some undefinable reason. What do I have to be teary about? Obviously, rationalizing with myself is to no avail. If that worked, I would be able to snap out of it without trouble and skip down the yellow brick road.
I have been reading about this woman, Meredith Emerson, a 24 year-old hiker who went missing with her black lab, Ella, on New Year's Day. She informed her roommates that she was going on a hike in one of Georgia's oldest and most popular state parks, Vogel State Park, which is located at the base of Blood Mountain in the Chattahoochee National Forest. I have become a little bit obsessed. I must admit. How does this happen? I mean I understand how this happens, but this situation must be so common that one day it is at the top of the news and the next day I have to search to find any new information. I don't want to not know. I don't want to forget this woman. I don't want to not remember who she is in a month from now. Meredith Emerson is a blue belt in martial arts, who loves hiking and loves her dog. That is all I really know about her, besides that she is missing and has been enduring 13 degree weather at night with a wind chill that has reached almost zero.
This evening her dog was found at a Kroger convenience store miles from where she was last seen. Ella survived. They know it is her because of the microchip they scanned in her neck. No leash and no collar. Also found this evening was the "person of interest" the police had been looking for. Also at a convenience store, Gary Michael Hilton, was found. Detectives now have him for questioning.
I hope to wake tomorrow or the next day and read about how Meredith Emerson survived in the Georgia wilderness with only 2 aspirin and a cough drop. I hope to hear that Gary Michael Hilton is not the pervert that the law is making him out to be. I hope that Blood Mountain and the 13 degree weather have nothing to do with the outcome of this story. I hope that Meredith's friends and family have a better day tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I miss work too, except that I'm still working. Know what I mean?
That story sounds bad for sensitive souls. I always try to console myself after hearing such things by thinking that somehow, people (family, friends) do manage to get through horrible tragedy. Like those kids we used to work with- they survive somehow.
I hope your DFNR has passed by now.
Post a Comment