
That is them, two of my three babies. I have been having a really difficult time lately managing Quentin and Delilah. Well, maybe I shouldn't say managing, but they have become increasingly annoying during the past few weeks. Soon after I became pregnant, Quentin became very protective, or should I say neurotic. At first, it was endearing and even comical to hear him bark at the chocolate chip cookie commercial or that evil dragon who consumes less than desirable Chinese food at Pick Up Sticks. At that time, he also began to snuggle tightly against my belly, when I would take a nap or attempt to get some sleep at night between the trips to the bathroom.
Quentin continues to sleep next to my belly, and although it is not quite as large as it once was, it seems to make an even more comfortable and squashy shelf for his head. Quentin has also become less of a connoisseur now when it comes to commercials on the television. He now barks loudly at chimes, bells, music, cartoons, car horns, piano keys a through f, and the usual voices of people that are disturbing to him. It matters not how much I yell or tell him no. In fact, it is the yelling that I do that wakes the baby rather than the barking that comes out of his mouth. I believe the baby has began relying on the barking to reach the R.E.M phase of sleep. Thank you Quentin.
The barking has now become contagious. Delilah has decided that she will now participate in the activities and join in the choir of annoyance. Together they stand in front of the television singing out of key, waiting for me to actually get up off the couch to do something about it. Maybe they are longing for work. It is difficult to be an out of work actor, with no chance for waiting tables at the California Pizza Kitchen.
No comments:
Post a Comment