FYI: This is in honor of Liverpool FC's 5-3 victory over Arsenal in the 2008 Champions League Quarter-Final, here's a tune for the red men. YNWA.
This is my friend Nick from college. Actually, Damon found him wandering around the computer lab or the halls or in some white-walled boring classroom at Cal State Northridge many years back. I am guessing this video was filmed close to closing, after several pricey imported bottles of beer, and most likely, on a week night. For those of you who know Nick, this video will make perfect sense. For those of you who have yet to meet a character of his kind, this video will not make perfect sense, in turn making perfect sense.
Friendships morph into sometimes strange distant creatures as the years pass and even more so after the baby comes. New friends are made at playgroups and in the park and even at Gymboree. These new friends with kids seem to get me right away and are always up on the latest style of sippy cup and the newest shoes made for the rambunctious toddler. They are always willing to venture out to Target and to some random park on the way home to slam down some food, change a diaper, and slide down the slide. In my old life, I probably would have never found these people and might not have had much in common. I certainly wouldn't have given the time to make new friends but am thankful I have the time now.
On the flip side of this friendship coin and in my new life, I would probably never find people like Nick. No longer having much chance to mingle in swanky bars or say cheers to being a DINK (dual income no kids) or running out for late night trips for toasty subs at Quiznos, people like Nick would probably not find me the least bit entertaining. Let's just say that brands of shoes for the rambunctious toddler is a conversation that may be better left for me and my mom's groups. With multiple and unique interests, talents, and even basic moral beliefs, my menegerie of friends are all so different. I am just happy that I had the chance to gather them when I could.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment