It has been almost 2 weeks, since I have had the opportunity to post. The Holiday rush and fever is already upon me. Must shop. Must cook. Must decorate. I actually love to do all three and just haven't had anything super exciting to blog about lately. But, we are all still here awaiting our next Pug gig or for Olivia to finally recite the Gettysburg Address.
The husband and I have decided to enter the Pugs in their next agility trial in mid January. We are hoping Quentin will choose to remain in the ring, despite the new fabulous smells that will tempt his senses. We are however, quite certain that Delilah will run at her usual slow steady pace and will be very content when it is finally time to go home and lay on the couch.
Our phony Christmas tree is already standing with lights and is sporting some of the same hand carved ornaments that my folks collected while they were in Europe over 25 years ago. I am always surprised that the wooden creations still spark the same feelings in me that they did when I was little. Even though the paper mache Santa is missing his eyes and the angles have slight chips in their wings, they adorn our tree so gracefully. Olivia is mesmerized by the twinkles and continues to exclaim her oooh's and ahhh's with utter delight. Imagine that... Imagine waking from a nap only to find that a tree has sprouted in the living room! Not only a tree, but a tree with dangling doodads, tiny lamps, and a shiny star on top. How incredible! And just with that my Holiday season is already complete.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh, how I cannot wait for the joy's of Christmas to take over my lil' boys soul, sparking his own "oooh's and ahhh's!" I love this time of year!!
Post a Comment