Tuesday, November 20, 2007

I will take Timeless Novels for $200.

Which kind of person are you? I am the kind that always pretends to know what a word means when the person I am speaking with says something that I have never heard before. I always nod in agreement pretending to speak the same language and hoping I will not be found out. Damon on the other hand is much different. Damon always stops the conversation to ask the meaning of a specific word in a cluster of rambling sentences. I always think to myself, wow, he must appear pretty stupid to the average conversation goer. There I am imagining what the other person might be thinking, while I myself am still pretending to know definitions that are way beyond my scope of knowledge. So who exactly is the stupid one?

Right now, Damon has decided to read many of the classics that you dread reading in school. He has finished Moby Dick and a few others along the way and has now made it to The Scarlet Letter. Demi Moore is in that one right? He seems to really be enjoying each page of his latest adventure, and I am not only in awe of his accomplishment but inspired by his determination. As I write this right now, Jeopardy is blaring in the background, and my husband is spewing out answers about the Great Gatsby and Noah's Ark, and he even occasionally gets one right. Where did I find him? These days Parents Magazine and the highly acclaimed SCV Insider are all that keep my attention. Maybe if I rub Damon's head something will seep into me.

1 comment:

Kaitlyn said...

We are all "stupid" in our own way. I am the person who does not like to call friends very often because I am convinced that I will only be bugging them. Oh, and when it comes to calling doctors offices, the phone company, stores, etc. it often takes me three or four rehearsals of what I am going to say before I can actually finish dialing the number. I know...CRAZY huh?!! It's just one of those quirky things that makes me, well, me!! ;o)